Maximise The Sale Of Your Home
Below is a list of simple but effective ways in which you can take action to improve the saleability of your home and maximise the price of sale.
Over the last 9 years, here at Staves we’ve carried out tens of thousands of viewings on properties of all shapes, sizes and prices so we feel that we’re in a pretty decent position to be able to provide some top tips and help you to make the most of each and every viewing.
Here’s our top tips to generate the best first impression and increase your chances of receiving those all-important offers!
- Clear kitchen of items like kettles, toasters etc to give you nice clear worktops.
- Put up strategically placed mirrors to increase the impression of space.
- De-personalise by removing personal effects such as ornaments and family photos.
- Freshly clean carpets throughout to ensure a fresh and clean look throughout.
- Buy fresh flowers and put them on display to create an inviting and appealing appearance.
- Create as much light as possible by replacing any light bulbs that do not work and opening blinds and curtains.
- Bake fresh bread and make some fresh coffee. A simple but effective way of creating a homely and welcoming feel and smell.
- Remove the pets to prevent any lingering animal smells. This will also help to put non pet lovers at ease.
- Remove items from built-in wardrobes to make them look roomier than they are.
- Remove any unnecessary furniture and bulky items, particularly from smaller rooms, to ensure there is a good feel of space.
- Clean driveways and patios with a pressure washer so that they are looking at their best.